Leaders in Training
Developing the Next Generation of Leaders
The KSM Leader In Training program is designed to offer high school students that chance to gain hands-on experience working with kids in our after-school Kids’ Clubs recreational programming and provide opportunities for development through high quality training from professionals.
What can LITs expect?
- Hands-on leadership experience and responsibility within our after-school Kids’ Clubs programming
- Teaching in 3 different areas to help them succeed in leadership and in life:
- Self-Discovery – Who am I? As a leader? A person?
- Life Skills – Budgeting, time management, etc.
- Goal Setting – Looking to their future
- Time away at Muskoka Woods Leadership Studio for team building and more leadership development
- Commitment to at least 2 out of 3 days of our kids programming from 4:00pm-6:00pm for the duration of the session you are registered for
- Attendance to the bi-weekly LIT training sessions (Wednesdays, 6-7:30pm)
- October 4 & 18
- November 1, 15 & 29
- December 13
- Attend a mandatory training session prior to the program starting (Wednesday, September 27th, 6-7:30pm)
Fall Semester Dates: October 2 – December 15, 2023
Bring HOPE to our community today!
For more information, please contact us at 905-845-7485.
Donate your time! Click below to see our current volunteer opportunities.
MAKE A DONATION
You can help us with a one time or monthly financial donation.