Kerr Street Market
Providing Access to Healthy Food Options
FOOD MARKET UPDATE
As a result of COVID-19 restrictions we have changed the set-up of our Food Distribution. Clients are still able to come pick up food once per week. A variety of food items are available each week: perishables, non-perishables – including bread and healthy meals in take out containers.
We encourage all clients to register for CHOOSE FRESH so they can receive a bi-weekly supply of produce, and proteins (milk, eggs, chicken or fish).
In 1996, shortly after a subsidized apartment complex opened the building leadership team realized that many people in their building were unable to provide basic necessities for their families. With compassion and the conviction that we are all called to ‘love our neighbours’ the KSM Food Co-op was formed.
Since that time the KSM has evolved into much more than a food bank. And the co-op has become a market where people receive Kerr Street vouchers, at no cost, that they can use to shop. The Market is open during Community Meals so that people can enjoy community and conversation while they wait.
Believing that fresh nutritious food is critical to the health and welfare of a family KSM continues to work with the greater community to access and distribute healthy food options for families in need.
Most Needed Items
- Beans (chickpeas, red kidney beans, black beans, lentils)
- Tomato Products (pasta sauce, whole tomatoes, crushed tomatoes)
- Canned Meat (spam, corned beef, canned chicken)
- Monday: 1:00 – 2:30 pm and 5:30 – 6:30 pm (KSM families attending meal only)
- Tuesday: 1:00 – 2:30 pm and 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Wednesday: 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Thursday: 9:45 – 11:45 am (Prenatal & Kids n’ Me programs only) and 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Friday: 1:00 – 2:30 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Sunday: CLOSED
Bring HOPE to our community today!
For more information, please contact us at 905-845-7485.
Donate your time! Click below to see our current volunteer opportunities.
MAKE A DONATION
You can help us with a one time or monthly financial donation.