Front Office Supervisor
Kerr Street Mission (KSM) is a Christian charity dedicated to helping the community of Oakville care for low-income and at-risk families and youth, by coming alongside families in distress and helping them get to a healthier, more sustainable situation and by developing youth so they do not end up in poverty.
KSM facilitates the communities’ response to the needs of families and individuals in distress and creates opportunity for God’s love and compassion to be shared in practical and tangible ways.
KSM serves low-income and at-risk families and their children. Our faith in Jesus Christ, and the love and compassion we have received from Him motivates us to have love and compassion for others. We believe every person is created in the image of God and is loved and valued by Him. We serve people of all faiths without discriminating, proselytizing or condition.
Position Title: Front Office Supervisor
Reporting To: Director of Operations
The Front Office Supervisor will be an organized and responsible individual who will oversee the smooth operation of all activities pertaining to front office support, including but not limited to, providing outstanding services and ensure client/customer satisfaction, manage incoming and outgoing communications, supervise the front office team, and oversee all administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner. Additionally, they will provide administrative support to select program areas. The successful candidate will be personable, organized, and efficient, with a heart to serve the community.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
Customer Service (40%)
- Address client/visitor concerns, needs and complaints promptly and professionally, by assessing needs and directing the client to the appropriate resolution
- Organize and coordinate all front office duties
- Manage incoming and outgoing communications (phone, fax, email)
Management & Supervision (20%)
- Supervise, empower & enable evening staff (lunch coverage volunteers)
- Ensure appropriate coverage for the front desk through the management of scheduled work hours and time off
- Plan and assign workload for part time staff and volunteers
- Assist in hiring and training of part time staff and volunteers
- Ensure associates follow company policies and operational procedures
- Schedule regular meetings with Front Office staff to discuss front office operations
- Provide oversight to the continuous training and learning opportunities for front office personnel
- Delegate assignments requested of reception (i.e., donor appreciation)
- Ensure lobby and office postings are current and relevant
- Ensuring office documents are printed and readily available
- Ensuring reception information & procedures are clear, up to date & accessible.
- Ex. shower use, programming (KSM & seasonal), acceptance of donations, fire drill, sign in/out, closing procedures (general & emergency), bread acceptance scheduling, reunion orders, donation referral process and forms, etc.
- Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures related to finances (cash floats, donations, and payments) are adhered to by all Front Office personnel (paid and unpaid)
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication of all organizational updates/ memos to the appropriate staff
- Ensuring reception server is up to date and organized
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes research, information and data to inform the work/projects/programs at KSM
- Provide administrative support to identified program areas
- Manage the office to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally and maintain professional image
- A warm and inviting personality
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to assess for the level of risk and respond accordingly
- Able to prioritize tasks appropriately to meet timelines
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft office
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related supervisory position within a not-for-profit organization
- Possessing First Aid certification would be an asset
- Bilingualism and/or the ability to speak or read other languages is a definite asset
Please submit Resumes and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 18, 2022. Screening and interviews will begin upon receiving applications.
Kerr Street Mission is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We offer an environment that will support you in reaching your potential. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in their cover letter when they apply.
Bring HOPE to our community today!
For more information, please contact us at 905-845-7485.
Donate your time! Click below to see our current volunteer opportunities.
MAKE A DONATION
You can help us with a one time or monthly financial donation.